1. Everyone over 18 that will live in the house must complete a separate application. All information is verified. We use TransUnion Credit Bureau's screening checklist. Rentapplication.net charges for the mandatory background checks.
2. If more than one person will live in the house, EVERYONE must physically walk it with one of us PRIOR to ANYONE in your group submitting an application. We are sorry but remote/sight unseen/virtual leasing isn’t an option, and Facetime, friends or family are not a substitute for you.
3. Complete applications are processed in the order in which they are received. No processing is done until all applications for your SO/partner/roommate(s) have been received and everyone has walked the house with one of us.
4. We lease to ONE tenant. We pick the tenant. ONLY THE TENANT must have excellent** credit, income* of 3x the lease, a monthly DTI (debt to income) of less than 35% and three years of full-time employment or graduate school and three years of non-college landlord references. The ONE tenant is solely financially and legally responsible for the house and must live in it full time. Anyone other than the tenant is an occupant. Occupants must also apply and be named in the lease and on a renter's insurance policy.
5. TENANT INCOME* CANNOT BE COMBINED with Occupant income TO MEET THE 3X REQUIREMENT. (Gross income is used for W2 wages. Self employment it's net schedule C; real estate it's schedule E, etc, investments it's schedules A and B, etc.)
6. We do not accept cosigners or lease guarantors.
7. Holding deposits are not accepted.
8. The lease must be signed and first, last and security paid within 48 hours of the lease offer.
9. The rent and/or policies are not negotiable.
For any questions please shoot us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
*school loans are not income **Excellent credit is the FICO current definition: 750-850. Credit Karma does not provide a FICO score.
Thanks for reading the details. "750 FICO" is the keyword for the appointment form . :-)